This policy explains how we use any information you provide to us during your use of our website.
- “Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services” is a trading style of A-Plan Holdings (United Kingdom Company Number 750484). A-Plan Holdings are the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998. You may contact us at the following address: 2 Des Roches Square, Witney, OX28 4LE. or email: email@example.com
- You may at any time request a copy of the information we hold on you (for which we may charge a small fee) by writing to us at the above address.
How we use your details
- The information you provide to us during your use of our site will be used by us in order to supply you with goods and services under the Terms and Conditions of our websites.
- Your details may be used for the purposes of generating a quote and for insurance administration by us or our associated companies, agents and business partners, by reinsurers and any intermediary. It may be disclosed to regulatory bodies for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing compliance with any regulatory rules/codes. Your details may also be used for offering renewal, research and statistical purposes and crime prevention. It may be transferred to any country, including countries outside the European Economic Area for any of these purposes and for systems administration. Where this happens, we will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as if we were dealing with it. By requesting a quote you consent to the above and to us contacting you about your details, quote and insurance policy by post, telephone, email, text messaging or other electronic means.
- If you give us information about another person, in doing so you confirm that they have given you permission to provide it to us to be able to process their personal data (including any sensitive personal data) and also that you have told them who we are and what we will use their data for, as set out in this notice.
- Please contact us as to any changes in your circumstances and we will amend the details we hold as required. Please note, we are obliged by law and regulation to retain certain types of data for a minimum period of time, this period tends to be for six years but can be longer if the statute or regulation requires.
- With your consent, we and our agents or business partners may use your information to keep you informed by post, telephone, e-mail, text messaging or other electronic means, about other products and services which may be of interest to you. Your details may also be disclosed and used for these purposes after your policy has lapsed. Please note that you can at any time contact us to have your details removed from lists used by us for direct marketing purposes by contacting our Customer Service team on 0345 2508282 or by writing to; The Data Controller via the address above.
- Cookies are text files which identify your computer to our server. We automatically issue your computer with a cookie whenever you register on our website (or possibly when you browse) in order to track traffic flows, and additionally to make our website easier for you to use. Cookies themselves only record which areas of the site have been visited by the computer in question, and for how long. You are able to set your computers to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. Selecting not to receive cookies will mean that use of certain services of this website will be restricted.
- Cherished Vehicle Insurance Services utilise SSL (secure sockets layer) certificate protection – this is a technology that is integrated into our website to protect secure information. When you submit information online our SSL technology shields the data before it is transmitted over the Internet. You can be confident that our website is protected when you see “https://” in the URL address. We use SSL certificates to make sure all data transmitted is secure and you have the confidence to transact business with us.
CVI 027 (INT) 03/15